Bangladesh Association of Librarians, Information Scientists and Documentalists
Birth of BALID
BALID Stands for "Bangladesh Association of Librarians, Information Scientists and Documentalists". It is a non-political and completely professional association. BALID was founded as BAYLID first. Some of the Bangladeshi young professionals thought to establish an association to develop the libraries and its professionals. As a result "Bangladesh Young Librarians, Information Scientists and Documentalists (BAYLID)" was founded on 23rd January 1986 and its inauguration was declared on the same date at "Sabuj Chattar" (Green Premises) of Modern Language Institute of Dhaka University, Bangladesh. A few years later the name was changed as "Bangladesh Association of Librarian, Information Scientists and Documentalists (BALID)". In Bangla Language it stands for "Bangladesh Gronthagarik O Tathyanbid Samity (BALID)".
Aims and Objectives
- Develop the services of Library, Information and Documentation centers for all the citizen of the country.
- Develop the professional status of Librarians, Information Scientists and Documentalists.
- Promote the professionals proficiency.
- Welfare and professional interest of the members.
- Co-operate with various libraries, information and documentation centres.
- Co-operation with other relevant local, regional and international organizations.
- Participate in socio-economic activities and help to other same groups.