- (For the LISWiki Style Manual, see LISWiki:Style Manual)
A style manual is a guide which gives the prescribed format for typing footnotes, endnotes, and bibliographies for a specific field of study. In academic libraries, the latest editions of leading style manuals are usually available on the ready reference shelf near the reference desk.
- Chicago Manual of Style
- Complete Guide to Citing Government Documents (American Library Association)
- Electronic Styles (Li & Crane)
- MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers
- Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association