From LISWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

A picture or decorative element which is set into the cover of a book. Also, an illustration inset in a border or frame of paper, the overlapping edges having been shaved thin to make the resulting sheet of uniform thickness. Compare with onlay.

See also the Wikipedia article on:

This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.