The two words, ‘information’ and ‘technology’, used together, have acquired special meaning in the last few years. If some one has heard them used separately or together before 1976, they probably would not have attached to them any special significane. At that time, perhaps technology signified materials, tools, systems and techniques, although modern definitions of technology vary and to Greeks technology meant to discourse upon the arts, pure and applied. In popular parlace, information facts, knowledge, data and news.
 Definition of IT
IT is a shorten form of Information Technology. *[UNESCO] Defined IT as- The scientific, technological and engineering disciplines and the manegerial techniques used in information handling and processing; their applications; computers and their interaction with men and machines and associates socail, economic and cultural matters.
 Scope of Information Technology
The phrase of ‘Information Technology’ is quite broad in sense. A lot of technological equipments with communication technologies form the part of information technology. North Dakota State Governement Official Portal has cited the following equipments while come under the scope of information technology. These equipments include the following: Telephone and radio equipment and swiches used for voice communications.
- Traditional computer applications that include data storage and programms to input, process, and output the data.
- Software and support for office automation systems such as word processing and spreadsheets, as well as the computer to run them.
- Users’ PCs and software.
- Data networks and all associated communication equipment such as servers, bridges, routers, hubs and wiring.
- Peripherals directly connected to computer information systems used to collect or transmit audio, video or graphic inforamation, such as scanner and digitizations.
- Voice response systems that interact with a computer database or application.
- The state radio communications network.
- Computers and network systems used by users.